This is part one of a two part series that provides an overview of state strategies for contracting with D-SNPs to improve care coordination and Medicare-Medicaid alignment for dually eligible enrollees. The webinars are especially helpful to state staff who are new to or seek a refresher on D-SNP contracting and working with Medicare plans.
Webinar 1: Introduction to D-SNPs and D-SNP Contracting Basics
Learning Objectives: By the end of this presentation, attendees should be able to describe:
- Who dually eligible individuals are and their Medicare and Medicaid coverage options;
- What a D-SNP is;
- How D-SNPs serve dually eligible individuals; and
- The basics of D-SNP contracts with states, including required minimum contract elements and new requirements for 2021
- Ana Talamas, Mathematica
- Kelsey Cowen, Mathematica
- Giselle Torralba, Center for Health Care Strategies (CHCS)
- Danielle Perra, CHCS
Part two of this webinar series, State Contracting with D-SNPs: Using D-SNPs to Integrate Care for Dually Eligible Individuals, can be found here.