This webinar provides an overview of state strategies for contracting with D-SNPs to improve care coordination and Medicare-Medicaid alignment for dually eligible enrollees. Special attention is given to new federal D-SNP integration standards for 2021 contract year, and how states can help plans to meet these requirements.
Learning Objectives: By the end of this presentation, attendees should be able to:
- Define what a D-SNP is, how these plans serve dually eligible beneficiaries, and how D-SNPs can be used to promote alignment between Medicare and Medicaid;
- Describe the basics of D-SNP contracts with states, including required minimum elements;
- Explain what new integration requirements will mean for state contracts with D-SNPs; and
- Plan next steps to help D-SNPs meet the new integration requirements by 2021.
- Erin Weir Lakhmani, Integrated Care Resource Center
- Alexandra Kruse, Integrated Care Resource Center