This webinar provides an overview of the role of ombudsman programs in integrated care programs serving dually eligible individuals. Using the ombudsman programs developed for the demonstrations under the Financial Alignment Initiative as an example, the webinar examines ways that states have structured these programs, the types of supports that they can offer, and the value they provide to both consumers and state Medicaid agencies.
Learning Objectives: By the end of this presentation, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the supports offered to dually eligible individuals through ombudsman programs;
- Understand different options for structuring ombudsman programs serving dually eligible individuals and the potential benefits and challenges of each; and
- Understand the benefits of ombudsman programs to dually eligible consumers and state Medicaid agencies.
- Nancy Archibald, Integrated Care Resource Center
- Teresa Teeple, Ombudsman Systems Liaison, Ohio Office of the State Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Jack Dailey, JD, Director of Policy and Training/Coordinator of Health Consumer Alliance, Legal Aid Society of San Diego
- Malinda Ellwood, JD, Senior Manager, Member Engagement, MassHealth
- Dustin Welch, Program Coordinator II, South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services